Does she understand that teenagers need self confidence? Does she understand that the negative comments adds to the insecurity? No, of course not. What does she know?

Why does history seem to repeat itself on a regular basis? It happens over and over again. By now, I think I realise I'm fat and I really don't need people to tell me again and again. I know I'm not the skinniest of people and definitely fat for a dance, okay, I understand that but please stop saying it to me. I know. I don't need to be prompted further.

Have you any idea that every time I look in the mirror, I feel disgusted at what I see? Do you know how much it hurts when everyone around me tells me that also? My grandpa, my uncle, my dad, my friends. Do I really need you as well? I know I'm not fat compared with "normal" people but for a dancer, personally, I can't bear it.

You may not realise it but it's the little things you say that hurts. "Stop eating, you're too fat", "you eat too much", "look at your stomach", "wow, they look tight on you". These small comments may seem like a joke to you but they're not to me, because surprisingly, they actually do hurt. I really want to love myself so here's the first step. Stop with the negativity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

A mix of anything and everything.

About Me

My photo
You should know me from different places. If you don't, you shouldn't be here.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.